terms of service
This Agreement is entered into between you, the Client and a LeanStack Certified Coach of Your Pivot, who agrees to provide the respective Coaching Services or Programs the Client signed up and paid for.
Description of Startup Coaching:
Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Client to optimise personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the development of goals, strategy and plan for achieving those goals.
Startup coaching combines the principles of Coaching and the Lean Startup methodologies, tools and processes developed by LeanStack, and any other sources deemed suitable, with the best intention to see entrepreneurs and startups succeed.
1. Coach-Client Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain the highest standards of behaviour and ethics.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical
- Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the
- The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance, and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the Program.
- The parties agree to engage in a specific Coaching Program through online sessions, to avoid any external disruptions such as government compliance requirement pertaining COVID, or any geographical challenges.
- Coach will be available to Client by e-mail in between scheduled sessions for clarifications and check-ins.
- Coach may also be available for additional time, per Client’s request and rate will need to be agreed upon between both parties.
3. Schedule and Fees
- The Coaching Terms and Service will be effective upon signing up any of the program with payment.
- Fees are not refundable, unless and otherwise is being specified at the respective Programs or promotions at the booking page of Calendly.
- Monthly instalment plan is available for Coaching Programs that are more than 4 weeks in duration, with a 10% additional fee to the total fee of each Program enrolled.
- The time of the coaching meetings and/or virtual location will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time.
- Any reschedule of appointment with Coach will need to be done at least 24-hour for weekdays and by Friday for the following Monday.
- The number of reschedules allowed varies between Programs and will be specified at the booking page.
- This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
- Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
- According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
- Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting if Client did not reschedule as per the above Procedure.
- Either the Client or the Coach may terminate the engagement for Programs that covers more than four weeks, with two weeks prior and written notice (email to email@example.com).
- Refund will be processed with a 10% fee on the remaining weeks of Coaching, and will only be processed on the last day of the month.
- Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
- This document reflects the entire Agreement between the Coach and the Client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
- If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 business days after notice is given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.